Monday, December 8, 2008

Since I was a little girl....

I mention in our About Us page about my always wanting to have a flower shop since I was younger.

Interestingly enough my parents just shipped me some old photos this week. Going through the boxes I found these old pictures of me...










At first glance I thought how telling this was about my desire to be a florist. However, after some thinking (and some Chardonnay) I thought there might be other reasons for me to be picking dandelions. Maybe I have missed my calling completely and I should have been a landscaper? Perhaps a chemist who develops the weed stuff you put on your lawn even!



We can all acknowledge, based on my outfit, that I wasnt destined for fashion design (Who wears red and white striped hats with a yellow sweater? I'm not even going to mention the socks.).



Then.... I stumbled upon this photo.





So it is clear to me that in some ways I havent missed my calling too much. I do love flowers but even more I LOVE to eat. While I have never eaten a dandelion head (unless you count accidentally inhaling those white seed things that you blow when they turn all puffy), I have enjoyed many a dandelion salad with vinagarette dressing. If that dandelion head was covered in carmel and nuts .. forget it! It would be a completely different picture and they probably wouldnt have had the time to snap the pic before I was standing there with an empty stem, smiling.

At any rate, I thought these were cute and funny and had to share them with you all.

Power to the Flower,

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. before i read down i was already churning out some smart-ass Sock comments...But you beat me to it, so Kudos.
    Love, christal...btw, landscaper is a good option, remember the house in CH?

    ReplyDelete