Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thank you! & Uh-Oh....Christmas


Some of you may know that all of us involved in the shop have outside jobs.  Each of us has a full-time job that we try and manage as well as the shop.  We have Hubert there to manage the day-to-day activities but the "business" aspects are run by us in our "free"time.

The shop was my big idea.  So I gather everyones support for the idea, we come up with a name and money and I get myself assigned to a huge project in Brazil and leave town....7 times.  That pretty much sums it up.  I'm on my 7th trip in 4 months and have been gone for over a week this time.  It sounds like madness there and I cant even help.

This post is both a HUGE thank you to my partners (specifically John) as they have been doing way more than their fair share while I have been out of town.  Up to this point we have been sharing the delivery responsibilities during the day and in the afternoons and then the weekends we are all there hanging out and trying to learn.

This past week or so has been hell there.  Orders are increasing, the phones are messed up, and I havent even been able to call home, let alone support anyone on any finance or system related issues (I do the books and manage the website.)  All of this is good but we are really feeling the pressure now.

Christmas is here and I know we have no idea what were in for.  I know that we are still churning out quality work (our designer is the BEST) and we continue to spend as many free minutes with Hubert to learn technique and design.  We are improving and Reese even made her first bouquet too! (See photo above but please dont look to closely as John spelled her name wrong on the price tag! LOL)

I will be back in the US tomorrow morning so I'll be back to the foral madness and there to give my partners a well deserved break.  Thank you John, Sid & Catherine (Reese & Shelby too) for helping to make this business a success!!!!

Power to the flower!

Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment